Monday, September 28, 2015

Week 3: My 5 Fave Stretches and 3 Tips for Toning your legs!

Week 3: My 5 Fave Stretches and 3 Tips for Toning your legs!



I can’t believe its already week 3 of the #BosuStrong challenge, time flies when  you’re having fun! Last week we focused on balance and I was proud of myself for sticking with it and not letting a busy life get in the way. This week its all about stretching and toning – so make sure you join in on the fun!

Since we’re talking about stretching, here are 5 of my all time favorite stretches:

I love to stretch my legs by doing any variation of seated forward fold.
My favorite total body stretch is wheelpose.
I swear when I do standing wide legged forward fold, it feels like my hammies have never been stretched before. lol.
I stretch my mind by attempting new yoga poses.
I try to stretch out of my comfort zone by working on a stretch each day to help me get to where I want to be.

And if you’re looking for a great way to tone your legs, here are my fave 3 tips (tricks, advice, words of wisdom, etc):

Squat! Any variation will do. With weights, without weights, sumo, regular, front, back, it doesn't matter. Just squat! I do some form of squatting pretty much every day.

Work your inner and out thighs and glutes. Be sure to work both sides, not just one!

Curtsy lunges are my favorite lunge workout at the moment. I like adding 15 or 20 lb. dumbells to each hand and doing 3 sets of 10 on each side. 

So I want to know - are you #BOSUStrong? Copy and paste the above, fill it in and make it your own and then tag me in it and share with your friends! Let’s all be #BOSUSTRONG.

No comments:

Post a Comment