Thursday, June 8, 2017

Aloha - Countdown to Hawaii



3 weeks is all that stands in between me and the beautiful island of Oahu.  5 lbs. is what separates me and the last time I went to Oahu.  I overindulged while I was there big time!  It’s 7 months, and the weight hasn’t come off.  I also turned 37 shortly after my last trip, and I can tell my metabolism has taken a nosedive.  It’s time to make some changes so that I can feel confident in that bikini again.

First, I need to fix my diet. I’m good about not eating fast food all of the time, but I’m a lover of sweets and carbs.  I just started using The Precision Digital Kitchen Scale, and this thing has been a lifesaver!  I never went through the process of weighing my food before.  I am loving this scale!  It weighs items up to 11 lbs. and has a tare (zero) function if you don’t want to put your food right on the scale itself.  Best of all, it’s small enough that I’ll be able to take it with me on my trip so I can measure my food on the days that we eat in. 


Second, I need to change up my workouts.  I am a creature of habit.  I have had the same routine for years, just adding things here and there and making minor changes on occasion.  That isn’t working for me anymore!  It’s time to up my intensity in my workouts.  I’m going to be adding more stairmaster workouts in and ease out of running so much.  I will still be running 2-3 days a week, as it’s my therapy.  No one wants to be around me if I don’t run!  Lol.  I’ve been in a running funk lately, and for me, new gear helps get me out of funks.  I was so excited to receive the new Mizuno Wave Sky running shoes for free to try out and review.  To be honest, right out of the box, I was underwhelmed.  The color wasn’t doing it for me, and the toe box looked really narrow.  I have issues with narrow toe boxes squeezing my toes and having them feel like they're tingling and falling asleep mid run.  However, I put them on and tried them out for a short run.  Much to my surprise, they felt AMAZING!  It was literally like running on air, thanks to the new cloudwave technology.  And once I had them on, I discovered that I really liked the style and color.  I’m normally a “pink” person, and these were out of my comfort zone.  However, I took a few running photos and saw how great they look on the feet.  Give them a try, and I promise you won’t be disappointed.


Along with my new running shoes motivating me, my family and I are planning on running a virtual 5k in Hawaii through Flex It Pink.  This will keep me motivated to keep up with my workouts while traveling.  And as always, the run is for an amazing cause – it supports Mission 22, who’s mission is to help prevent suicide by our veterans.  




Third, I need to just chill.  I stress way too much over my weight and my appearance.  I’ve ALWAYS been that way.  While I need to continue to keep up with my workouts and healthier eating to stay healthy, I need to focus more on the health aspect and not so much on the appearance.  I need to throw on that bikini and enjoy myself.  I need to let go and know that it’s okay to indulge on occasion, and it’s ok to have stretch marks, rolls, and cellulite.  Life doesn’t revolve around what I look like in a bathing suit.  

So with that, Aloha!!!  Take me to my most favorite island in the entire world.  I'm pretty sure that the beaches on the North Shore will take  ALL of my stresses and worries away - at least for a little while!

No comments:

Post a Comment